Re: 2465 Ch1 attenuator repair question

Ozan

Congratulations for the fix. If you haven't done already it is a good idea to check:
1) If you have surface mount CPU card SMD electrolytic caps start leaking and damaging the board (that was the case on my unit). It is best to replace them before they cause damage.
2) RIFA capacitors in power supply crack and create hazard (that was the case on my unit).

I don't know how common but NTC resistors RT1010 and RT1018 drifted quite a bit on my unit and most importantly R1010 was open circuit. There were no obvious burn marks, after close inspection there was a tiny burn hole under the resistor.

There are other things but mostly on nice to have list.

Ozan