Re: crushed walnut shells and Tek 500 series scopes

-

Michael,

Where do you get hand cleaner that uses walnut shells? I'd like to try
it, I used to use Lava soap with pumice, it works good but I can't STAND
the perfume that they put in it.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:31 AM Mlynch001 <mlynch002@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 10:16 AM, - wrote:

FWIW, My father was a licensed commercial ammunition reloader and he used
ground walnut shells to clean fired brass (in a cement tumbler!).
I reload my own ammunition here. I use ground corn cobs and walnut shells
in a vibratory polisher to clean and polish empty cases. These both do not
erode the base material and leave a beautiful polished finish on the
cases. I also use a very good hand cleaner which contains ground walnut
shells. Easy on the hands and cleans like crazy. There are all sorts of
less aggressive cleaning methods out there.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR