Re: crushed walnut shells and Tek 500 series scopes

Mlynch001

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 10:16 AM, - wrote:

FWIW, My father was a licensed commercial ammunition reloader and he used
ground walnut shells to clean fired brass (in a cement tumbler!).
I reload my own ammunition here. I use ground corn cobs and walnut shells in a vibratory polisher to clean and polish empty cases. These both do not erode the base material and leave a beautiful polished finish on the cases. I also use a very good hand cleaner which contains ground walnut shells. Easy on the hands and cleans like crazy. There are all sorts of less aggressive cleaning methods out there.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR