From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Carl Hallberg via groups.io
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 9:28 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] Tektronix 214 Storage Scope

Hi Group,
Some years ago I got 2 basket case scopes. The problems involved a leaky diode and bad trigger chip in one and for both I decided to remove the batteries, and not have them internal to the scope. They had been leaking and I didn't want anymore damage. The regulator is a shunt type because a series regulator would have a voltage loss across it. It is good to plug it into the cigar lighter of a car or use a gel cell battery, but no longer uses the internal charging. I sold one of them to Jon Batters, who I miss on Tekscopes. Talked to him on the phone couple of times. Good conversations. The 214 nice little scope but only 500KHz.

Carl Hallberg (W9CJH)

Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator