Re: I built a TM500 mainframe tester, and updated the design. Someone might find this useful?

Larry McDavid

Progress!

I have frozen the Group board-set order aggregation; most of those who "committed" to the group purchase have paid successfully by PayPal. But, these four never paid so are not included:

Glenn Little
Stephen Nabet
Wolfgang Schraml
Bruce Gentry

If any of those do want the board set, they should contact me privately.

I am holding requests from numerous others and can make a few board sets available if the four above don't promptly contact me.

*** And, I have placed the order for the boards with PCBWay! ***

We have Group member participants from USA, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Ireland, Canada and Romania. Who expected this much desire?

Jared Cabot, the designer of the tester and the circuit boards, has been very helpful throughout this process. Note that Jared has updated the Gerber files and manuals stored on the Google Drive site linked below.

I'll update the progress as I know it.

Larry McDavid

On 12/31/2020 11:27 AM, Jared Cabot via groups.io wrote:
Hi all,
I have been accumulating TM500 modules and mainframes for a little while, so I recently finished building an 067-1201-99 TM500 mainframe tester from the Tek construction notes floating around.
I updated the design somewhat and designed it for simplified construction (Not a single wire to strip and solder!) and I thought someone here might be interested in taking a look or even building one themselves.
Here's a link to the youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afwqtc6Fxd4
And here's a link to the google drive with all the gerbers and schematics and stuff. I went so far as to rewrite the manual with the alterations and corrections included.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yj52Z_BtGZ7Q9BB2jS9Lf2Uz39turS4-
Direct link to the new manual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iqpcqheb01qMioQwcUhyWv6A37v2HPro/view?usp=sharing
Let me know what you think, and let me know if you see any errors that need correcting. :)
Regards
Jared
--
Best wishes,