Re: Groups.io price increase?

toby@...

On 2021-01-15 7:05 a.m., Jean-Paul wrote:
Bonjour, We can all expect the same treatment as other groups.

Dennis should calculate the yearly cost and ask for contributions by every active member.

Finally I suggest that we could migrate to a private server with our own website, setting up storage of files and a forum is not hat difficult.
_Setting it up_ is not difficult.

Keeping the physical or virtual hardware paid for, running, scaled,
available, updated, and backed up is likely to cost more than
groups.io's shocking new rate -- or is a volunteer supposed to do that
for nothing?

And that's before we even talk about whether the software is going to
meet the same standard.

--T

Any thoughts?

Kind Regards,