From: "Tom Lee" <tomlee@ee.stanford.edu>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2021 6:32:05 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] CRT book by Keller
The Coketron actually has no components inside the Coke bottle. It takes what
I believe is a 1EP1, sans screen, and mates it to a Coke bottle. It actually
has deflection plates (at least, that’s what I recall from visiting
Vintagetek, where they have one on display), so it has all the guts of an
electrostatically deflected scope crt.
I never saw one light up, though.
—Cheers,
Tom
Sent from my iThing, so please forgive typos and brevity.
On Jan 14, 2021, at 3:47 PM, Jeff Dutky <jeff.dutky@gmail.com> wrote:

Chuck,

That's what I figured. The neck of a Coke bottle is pretty narrow to get
much of a mechanism through.

-- Jef Dutky