Re: CRT book by Keller

Glydeck

I had to get my copy of the book and check it out. On Page 24...

"To illustrate the extremes in materials that have been used for CRT envelopes, almost every CRT lab has at one time or another fabricated a "Coketron" made from that one glass envelope that always seemed to be present in any lab, the Coca-Cola™ bottle. A little phosphor settled in the bottom and an electron gun sealed to the neck results in an operable CRT that never ceases to amuse lab visitors."

On Jan 13, 2021, at 1:19 PM, John Griessen <john@ecosensory.com> wrote:

The coketron, a CRT made from a coke bottle, made me smile her in
Albuquerque...
--
John Griessen -- building lab gear for biologists