Re: [dead tek 485] Can i fix it ? (newbie here)

Simon

Is this the 485 that was on Le Bon Coin? I think sellers of this type of equipment are honest up to their level of knowledge. Some do no even know what an oscilloscope is.
Most of this equipment has been stored for a long time and this one may be from IBM originally.
The advice to check power supplies first is sound. I bought a 475 from Le Bon Coin that had been stored for a long time and basically all it needed was thorough servicing. If the transistors are on sockets it is a good idea to reseat them using a dab of isopropyl alcohol, check the pins for corrosion at the same time. Then attend to each circuit in an orderly manner, once you are certain that the power supplies are within specification.
Simon
Gers