Re: Peter Keller's Book Mailing Status (Minor Correction)

Dave Seiter

I haven't been following this thread, but just happened to see this.  For the last 3-4 months, USPS tracking has been almost worthless.  As an ebay seller, I see when I purchase the postage, but frequently, that is the last input until the item is delivered (then suddenly all the other scan points show up).  About a 1/3 of my buyers ask "what's up?", and I just tell them to be patient, it'll get there.  So far, I've been right...
-Dave

On Sunday, January 3, 2021, 09:24:27 PM PST, Jack Reynolds <jackandladyreynolds@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi EJP,

You are probably not missing much by not having the tracking
information.  USPS tracking has been virtually useless for months.
Since April or May as I recall one simply sees a couple of steps in the
shipping process and then a departure from the last station   Then days
after days of no further reports since it left Podunk or wherever.
Podunk may be only 150 miles away but no new statuses are reported for
days on end.  It is more of a frustration than a help.

Jack

On 1/3/2021 9:48 PM, EJP wrote:
Dennis

Rather than create more work for yourself with tracking, why not just scan the ticket and upload it here so people can find their own tracking numbers? I always like to have this information anyway, not just for overdue mail, so I can track it in and know what day it will arrive.

Just a thought.

EJP