Re: Peter Keller's Book Mailing Status (Minor Correction)

Vince Vielhaber

Media mail from my house to anywhere, even 20 miles away, will first go to Pittsburgh, PA. I'm about 40 miles north of Detroit. That said, I've seen Media Mail packages get to the same city before both a priority and first class package around the same weight. (I sell used DVDs and have anywhere between 10 and 30 packages in transit at any given time).

Vince.

On 01/04/2021 12:24 AM, Jack Reynolds wrote:
Hi EJP,

You are probably not missing much by not having the tracking
information. USPS tracking has been virtually useless for months.
Since April or May as I recall one simply sees a couple of steps in the
shipping process and then a departure from the last station Then days
after days of no further reports since it left Podunk or wherever.
Podunk may be only 150 miles away but no new statuses are reported for
days on end. It is more of a frustration than a help.

Jack

On 1/3/2021 9:48 PM, EJP wrote:
Dennis

Rather than create more work for yourself with tracking, why not just
scan the ticket and upload it here so people can find their own
tracking numbers? I always like to have this information anyway, not
just for overdue mail, so I can track it in and know what day it will
arrive.

Just a thought.

EJP