Re: I built a TM500 mainframe tester, and updated the design. Someone might find this useful?

Larry McDavid

I see no significant advantage to a group purchase of the wafer switch for this tester. DigiKey has 100+ available and the discount for a quantity purchase is not that much. Further, it is likely that most folks will need to buy some other parts so just combine the switch with that order.

Packaging a chunky wafer switch with planar circuit boards will complicate the packaging for me and I really have enough to do already.

But, it does make good sense to do a single buy of a quantity of the board sets. I expect significant cost savings from that and ordering boards by Gerber files is not in everyone's experience.

Larry

On 1/3/2021 9:36 AM, Craig Cramb wrote:
Larry is there a chance that there might be a purchase of the Rotary switch as a group purchase from DigiKey or all parts sourced up to the individuals.
Craig...
--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB