Re: I built a TM500 mainframe tester, and updated the design. Someone might find this useful?

Jim Ford

Yes, I have used OSH Park before as well.  Not sure where they are located, so I hesitated to mention them.  I try to avoid sending any of my dollars to China these days.   JimSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: Harvey White <madyn@dragonworks.info> Date: 12/31/20 3:50 PM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] I built a TM500 mainframe tester, and updated the design. Someone might find this useful? Oshpark is very good, with 3 board per order for the price of 5 dollars per square inch.  I should point out that the board set I saw would be rather expensive.Their boards are purple, and ENIG (gold plated)The typical Chinese made boards may have a size limitation for lowest cost, and the lowest price will be for HASL (Hot Air Solder Leveled) boards.  On the other hand, a 100 mm square board can be had for 4.90, and that's for 10 of them.  Shipping with DHL is likely 20 to 25 dollars, but that price range covers 5 different boards, all 100 mm in size or less.Using Chinese made boards will require a different physical design.HarveyOn 12/31/2020 6:33 PM, Michael W. Lynch via groups.io wrote:> Are there any US PCB  Houses that we could contact?  Or are they all in China?  I have never done boards before.  I would be willing to help out with the process.>