Re: Yet another 'replacing carbon resistors with metal film' question....

Jean-Paul

Jared good work! We found the old Bourns trimpots (cermet) are the best, and avail in 3, 5 turns besides one turn.

TEK sampling plugins are interesting but difficult to get working.

Used units can have damaged inputs or hard to find TDs in the sampler.

We have a 7104 mainframe with 7A29 plugins to get 1 GHz response and excellent pulse performance.

Suggest to get some veteran advise on the best sampling PUs for 7704 before plunging in!

Best,

Jon