Re: Yet another 'replacing carbon resistors with metal film' question....

Jared Cabot

Well, after replacing a couple faulty trimpots (it looks like they were already replaced with some cheap rubbish in the past) it seems to work as well as I can measure on my TDS210 and HP 34461A.
Tonight I'll replace the temporary trimpots I used for testing with some nice Bourns trimpots I picked up today in Akihabara, and after a gentle clean of the switches and stuff I'll call it done.

Next I'll need to get some sampling plugins for my 7704 to really get this thing (and my other TM500 modules) dialed in properly...