Re: Yet another 'replacing carbon resistors with metal film' question....

Jared Cabot

I have the PG502 250MHz Pulse Generator in front of me now (I also have a PG506 to look over but that is another project for another time).

I guess I'll see how the unit performs with the minimum of modifications to get it functional and make a decision once I see what it says as to further repairs.
I've found a lot of these types of resistors have drifted high in a number of pieces of test equipment I've worked on in less critical applications, hence my thoughts on replacing them in this unit, but I guess if it works, then no point fixing it until it breaks.... :)

Here are the schematics with the Allen Bradley style carbon composite resistors in my unit highlighted:
https://i.imgur.com/8WiK5b9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/g3KXKlN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/geXFOIK.jpg