From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jared Cabot via groups.io
Sent: 28 December 2020 09:47
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Yet another 'replacing carbon resistors with metal film' question....

Yeah, I'll be recalibrating for sure, as I intend to use it to calibrate other gear.

I'll test things thoroughly and might do as you say, just replace what is needed. I already tested the capacitors as perfect so they are back in place to continue being used.
I was just thinking to replace all the carbon composite resistors now as they are a known failure point and failures have already started. I just wanted to avoid having to go back in later and end up having to recalibrate etc multiple times.

It looks like Digikey stock carbon composition resistors too, so maybe I should swap like for like for those that are out of spec?