Re: Backlash/Play in the Delta Time Position Control on a 2236

Raymond,

Okay, I broke out the multimeter and I can see what's happening, but I'm not sure I understand how to use this:

The forward block (10K) changes value during both the "loose" (45 degree) and the "stiff" (remaining 300 degree) spans of motion. The stiff range can take the pot through its entire 10K range, but the loose range only covers about 2K change in resistance.

The rearward block (2K) only changes value during the "stiff" span (the other 300-odd degrees).

So this was someone's idea of how to give both a coarse and fine adjustment with only a single knob? And they didn't think to mention this in the operators manual?

I'd be interested to know the part number for the delta time position pot in your 2236, so I could order one that doesn't have this "feature". My pot is part #311-1638-01. Is yours a 2236A by any chance?

-- Jeff Dutky