Re: Asking for Help with Verifying Genuineness of 2465B from Ebay

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 08:58 PM, TomC wrote:

Using Leo Bodnar's pulse generator, my 2465 (no A or B) measures 0.91 nsec.
I've found the automatic parametric tests in this family inaccurate and varying in their results.
Of course, rise time measured depends on overshoot. Accepting 3% - 5% overshoot during rise time adjustment (not uncommon) results in significant shorter rise time than accepting "0%" overshoot.
Converting observed rise time into BW, especially with different step sources is not something to specify within 0.1%. 1% complies more with "the truth".

And your 2467 should certainly be substantially better.
AFAIK, the 2467 has the BW of the 2465A, 2465B and 2467B both have a specified BW of 400 MHz.

Raymond