Re: Asking for Help with Verifying Genuineness of 2465B from Ebay

Mr. Eric

Jeff,

That's very interesting, I had no idea that the local magnetic field would have such an impact. But that completely makes sense why its an operator control. Thanks for that info.

I will say though that after looking at the ebay images in more detail, the trace rotation is off in the seller's pictures as well =) Would this also have an effect on the geometry? I'm judging geometry by the delta_t cursor lines, they are mildly bowed in the center of the cursors toward the center of the crt. However this might just be a failure of understand on my part and the cursors being slightly bowed has no bearing on an actual signal...

Realistically, the seller probably just said calibrated and didn't actually adjust anything, or did the absolute bare minimum