Re: Asking for Help with Verifying Genuineness of 2465B from Ebay

Eric wrote:

What threw me off was that the description said calibrated and tested, but when I received it
the trace rotation was wayyyy off and the geometry setting is noticeably off too.
My impression (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that trace rotation is a correction for the local magnetic field, which is why it is an operator control. If the scope was calibrated (or even merely adjusted) to look good at one location (e.g. San Francisco) then it MUST be out of rotation at a significantly different location (e.g. Chicago). I'd expect that even the frame of a building, or nearby electrical, laboratory, or medical devices could affect the rotation.

-- Jeff Dutky