Re: So how does this hobby work now?

Greg Muir

Tom, Michael,

In the past I had times when becoming rather stuck in an analog design where I had to reach out for help. Fortunately I had the opportunity to either call Jim Williams or email Bob Pease about a problem that I felt I was totally clueless on. And the comment in the article regarding Jim’s need to answer every call is very true. He always seemed to have the time to devote to really helping people with questions.

As for Bob Pease there was always a multi-page email answer full of comments, suggestions and new approach ideas to try frequently along with PDFs of past application notes from his library.

The passing of both men is a stupendous loss to the engineering community. And the loss of Bob’s life was unnecessary given his death occurring while attending Jim’s funeral.

Greg