Re: Push button font

Paul Amaranth

I made a label for a 465 channel select button once upon a time.

I used a 6pt Helvetica-Narrow-Bold font in xfig and it matched up pretty well.

Paul

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 03:58:08PM -0800, Stephen wrote:
On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 12:40 PM, Dave Peterson wrote:

Hi All,

A common problem with older scopes seems to be the text on push buttons and
knobs wearing off.

I have an idea for restoring these, but I'm wondering if there's a spec for
the font on these? I'm looking specifically for 465 push buttons and CH1/CH2
VOLTS/DIV knobs.

While I'm at it, any suggestions for restoring the plastic for the grey
AC/GND/DC, COUPLING, and SOURCE switches? A simplistic idea would be to use an
automotive exterior plastic restorer, but I suspect you guys have more
sophisticated ideas.

Dave
I was working on a project to rebuilt the lettering on Volts/Div knobs and push buttons for the 400 series and maybe others. But work has been overwhelming, and I haven’t had time to get back to this project.
I hope I will soon.

!DSPAM:5fd6aa9e97051065365781!