Re: Remove adhesive from old Tek aluminium cabinet covers

Stephen Hanselman

I never knew the name for that little bag but it was a life saver many times over. Thanks!

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman
Datagate Systems, LLC

On Dec 12, 2020, at 15:28, Jim Ford <james.ford@cox.net> wrote:

´╗┐Yes, that little bag of rubber crumbs is called a "scumbag"! Useful if you just have a little tiny bit of pencil lead or whatever to clean up.
Several decades ago in college I roomed with a civil engineering major who did a lot of drafting, and he had the full set of drafting tools.
The scumbag was one of them.

In fact, the whole large set of tools was made by Staedtler, and another guy and I pulled a prank on him. It seemed that everything he owned was made by Staedtler, so we used a laundry marker to write "Staedtler" and draw the Staedtler Roman gladiator symbol on a pair of his underwear!
He wasn't nearly as amused as we were...

Gee, you guys are bringing all of these college memories from the 1980's today! :)

Jim Ford