From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jean-Paul
Sent: 12 December 2020 10:31
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] Remove adhesive from old Tek aluminium cabinet covers

Bonjour,

I Am Restoring 1960-1970s Tek equipment with blue aluminum cabinet covers, stored for decades with wide tape, which left yellow adhesive over wide areas.

So, isopropyl alcohol 70%...does not remove the adhesive well. It spreads it around and needs a lot of force.
And petroleum distilates like "Goo Gone" work but affect the blue finish.

What are the best solvents to remove old dried adhesive without damaging the blue finish?

Many thanks

Jon