Scope

Thomas Dodge

Hi all,
I have a question. I have written before about the scopes that I have. I
have a TDS684A, which is my best one. The issue that it has is this. I
bought it from a surplus place, and it had been there for quite a while,
but I always wanted to pick it up. When I bought it and took it home, and
powered it on, the panel lights came on initially, but that's all. I turned
it off and on again a few times, and finally the relays started to
initialize, and it ran the self test, and it was fine. I turned it off and
on again, and it was fine. I turned it on recently, and the panel lights
came on, but no display at all. I connected an external monitor from the
rear connector, but no signal. I looked at the troubleshooting flowchart in
one of the manuals for the 684A, and it is very helpful. II know the scopes
carry a significant anode voltage, so I am very aware of that. I live in
Glendora, Calif. and just wanted to know if there is someone in my area,
who has a lot of experience repairing these scopes? I want to do it myself,
but I would want to work with someone who has Tektronix experience to show
me the ropes. I really want to get experience working on these. But one
question I do have. With the scope cover removed, is there any high voltage
present on the board on top? I appreciate any input any one of you might
have. My 684A is in really good condition. Thanks very much.

Tom Dodge