From: "Tom Lee" <tomlee@ee.stanford.edu>
To: "TekScopes@groups.io" <TekScopes@groups.io>
Sent: 12/9/2020 2:31:43 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 1S1 sampling bridge GaAs diodes: What alternatives?

I have not actually fixed one this way, but I would expect an HSMS-28xx Schottky to be a perfect replacement here. These are readily available.

Tom

Sent from my iThing, so please forgive the terseness and typos.

On Dec 9, 2020, at 14:26, "leonard scheepsma" <tubes.leonard@hetnet.nl> wrote:

Dear all, my 1S1 gave up. It looks at least one of my sampling diodes has died. Searching through the related messages I noticed most comments are pretty old, so I hope some new ideas might have been launched on getting alternatives for the original GaAs diodes, just assuming these are completely unobtainable.
Looked at the Agilent/KeySight site, they mention some ultra fast GHz diodes there but these go through a distributor and I suspect ut won't be easy to get 4 of these at reasonable cost (not knowing they would work either)
Any tips, suggestions?

Thanks so much, Leonard