Re: 575 Curve Tracer - $550

Glydeck

My first 575 was a discard from a Santa Barbra hamfest that my friend picked up for me. The guy selling for $20 couldn’t get any takers and did not want haul it back home. Here it is in use:

http://glydeck.blogspot.com/2011/03/motorola-mystery.html

The second 575 I picked up for $50 because it had the optional 400 volt supply which made it great for testing tubes for audio gear at work.

http://glydeck.blogspot.com/2012/01/testing-dual-triodes-with-tek-575.html

George

On Dec 8, 2020, at 10:44 AM, Dave Seiter <d.seiter@att.net> wrote:

I missed one of these at an estate sale last weekend. $20 with cart and in great condition! I didn't need it, as I have two already, but at $20, I would have snapped it up!
-Dave
On Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 09:57:11 AM PST, jfdickens via groups.io <jfdickens=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Another Craigslist curve tracer in Wisconsin (I have no affiliation with the seller)

This vintage curve tracer has been in storage for many years. We are trying to find a good home for it. After cleaning it out inside and out, the unit powered up nicely. We haven't run many tests on it other than the basic display and power supply, but it seems perfectly functional. It is listed as fair right now, but that could change if we get more opportunity to test it. We really don't want to ship this heavy beast, so hopefully we can find a buyer in Wisconsin!
If you are unfamiliar with the 575, it is an awesome example of vacuum-tube based equipment. A picture of the vacuum tube deck is provided. It is capable of testing transistors or similar devices with up to 200 Volts and, at lower voltages, up to 20 Amps. See the attached pictures. Let us know if there is a specific test you would like to see verified.

https://madison.craigslist.org/bfs/d/verona-tektronix-type-575-curve-tracer/7233377161.html