Re: Gauging interest in a run of reproduction knob tips

I could use 10 of them if you can keep the cost around $2 to $3 each.
Dennis Tillman W7pF

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of thespin@gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 1:12 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Gauging interest in a run of reproduction knob tips

I'm only considering one single part at the moment. Injection molds are extremely expensive, and I'm a mere postdoc. I only have one lecroy scope and it's relatively modern, and this project is mostly motivated by my love for my 556 and 547. I have a few options for how to make the parts -- have a mold made, or make it myself and make the parts on a friend's press. The former is expensive, and the second is labor intensive. I want to make sure I break even on the money invested or am appropriately compensated for the labor.

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator