Re: SUCCESS! The "sick" 475A is now the "fixed" 475A!

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 05:41 PM, Jeff Dutky wrote:

I'm still a little mystified by exactly what concrete tasks I might need a
volts or watts per frequency measurement for, but I'm happy to wait for
enlightenment while I play with a new toy. I'm a very hands-on learner, even
when I'm rigorously going through theory need to have concrete examples to
test myself against and to illustrate academically presented topics.

I see that there were two SAs in the 400 series, one much more "analog" (and
of much older manufacture) than the other, and at least two more in the 2700
series (they look like siblings to the 2200 and 2400 series scopes). They seem
pretty rare on eBay, and are asking much higher prices than the comparable era
scopes. At some point I will need to read through the manuals for the 491,
just to see how the spectrum analysis was done in the days before
microprocessors.
You may consider downloading the docs on this page:

https://www.hpmemoryproject.org/news/an150/an150_page_00.htm

It's not Tek but they haven't been dominating the SA-field like they have the 'scope field for a number of years.
HP have lots of docs in the field that I found much more enlightening than others'.

Raymond