Re: SUCCESS! The "sick" 475A is now the "fixed" 475A!

Dave Peterson

The first 465 I got was horribly, unusably, out of "cal". CH1 level disagreed with CH2 by something like 30%. At this point I had NO lab equipment beyond a DMM and some test leads. I was able to get a free function generator app on my cell phone and set levels that agreed with the output. CH2 agreed out of the box, CH1 needed adjustment. Is it to any kind of spec? No. Is it better than it was? Sure.

Time base was out of agreement too. It said my line voltage was running at 67Hz. I don't think so. Again, using the free FG app I got the scope within reason. I was also able to get trace rotation and geometry improved. And the line frequency is sensible now too. For 99-bucks I got a two channel 60MHz FG/counter with a plethora of waveforms, modulation, sweep, VCO, sync in, etc.

I have a long way to go before my bench is to my standards. But I don't mind making incremental steps. It's the journey.

Dave