Re: SUCCESS! The "sick" 475A is now the "fixed" 475A!

Dave Peterson

I'm talking about going through the instructions in section 5 of the 465 manual.

Calibration is definitely a loosely used term here. I'll only have a function generator, a DMM and a "working" existing 465 scope.

I was thinking about opening a calibration conversation with you. I suspect you're familiar with real calibration considering your father was using these scopes for real work. I'm sure he had to send them to a certified calibration lab every six months. Does such a lab even exist for these old scopes anymore? I doubt it. In other words, I doubt a strict certified calibration of these scopes is ever possible anymore. And calls into question the concept of full/"certified" restoration. It's all hobbiest restoration at this point anymore. I suspect.

If I resell a parts scope as "restored", what does that mean? It's a rhetorical question I'm pondering for myself at this point.

Dave

On Monday, December 7, 2020, 12:06:05 PM PST, Jeff Dutky <jeff.dutky@gmail.com> wrote:

Dave,

When you say "calibration" are you actually doing a full calibration on this scope -- do you have the full set of calibration equipment -- or are you doing something more abbreviated?

-- Jeff Dutky