Can capacitors

ken chalfant

Greetings,

From time to time I see that someone is working to repair or restore an instrument with the old multi capacitor metal can components and that appears to be a never ending struggle.

The other night I reconnected with an old friend with whom I had not spoken in a couple of years.

He has always had an interest in restoring old audio equipment. As we visited he mentioned a company that still builds Mallory style metal can capacitors. My friend said they even use the old, original equipment.

I was very surprised and actually found that a little hard to believe, but it turns out to be true.

While I do not know about configurations, minimum quantities or pricing it appears this company makes those old style metal can multi-unit capacitors.

www.cemfg.com <http://www.cemfg.com/>

I have no financial interest - or really - any other interest in this - just hoping it helps some of our group.

Regards,

Ken