Re: Historical Analog Scope Triggering Techniques

Harvey White

analog or digital?

TTL 5 volt levels?

74LS logic ok?

Can you live with a dual polarity supply or do you have only 5 volts available?

Harvey

On 12/4/2020 7:52 PM, Tony Fleming wrote:
Where can I find some schematics that someone like me can follow?
Thanks.

Have a Happy Holidays and wishing you and your family lots of health, love
and no problems!

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 6:42 PM Chris Wilkson via groups.io <cwilkson=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 09:38 AM, Harvey White wrote:
Essentially, I got 8 traces time multiplexed onto 1 trace. Worked for
TTL only, but that's what I needed.
I've done that too. It also works with analog signals. You just need
some analog switches/muxes instead of the TTL digital mux.
In either case, if you run the scope in X/Y mode with the counter driving
"Y" through a DAC you can see all of the traces at once, similar to the
standard "ALT" mode display.

There are a lot of similar tricks you can play by running in X/Y mode with
external helper circuits.