Re: Historical Analog Scope Triggering Techniques

Dave Peterson

Caveat: I'm a circuit designer by background. I've been pushing CMOS W&L values around my whole career, so I'm no Verilog/System expert.

However, I am a design engineer at Xilinx and have dabbled a little in our software, Vivado. My understanding is that there is a lot of soft IP that comes included with the SW, including logic analyzers. And when it comes to logic analyzers, I only know that they exist and can guess their purpose and functions to some order. I'll have to take a look at this link above, and this thread gets my head going on possible "projects". For example, they love for us to get to know our products at a user level, and do things like giving us a mini Arduino-like system. Like a Raspberry-PI. I wonder if I can install the above on it. Or look at existing LAs included and see what they can and can't do. But then there's the 23 other "projects" I have going on.

As noted by Tom above: "there is a steep learning curve w.r.t. both the HDL and the toolchain." The system level and toolchain are typically what keep me from getting into this, not the underlying code. Could be fun to bridge the worlds of my past and present.

Dave