Re: I give up.

Paying with paypal from credit card is simpler, but doesn't work in this
case, so you're supposed to do the next simplest thing, which is top up via
wire transfer and then pay from balance. All this hacked companies paranoia
is seriously too much, and I say that as a cyber security expert who has
been professionally in IT for 20 years. I've seen and responded to
countless hacks and I know good security awareness is necessary. You're
talking about your bank and about paypal. If either of them get hacked then
you have much larger problems than whether or not you have the convenience
of being a git towards Dennis. Have it from the horse's mouth: you're not
being aware of potential problems, you're being unreasonably paranoid, and
you're cargo-culting security obviously without understanding any of it.
Stop it and just pay Dennis without dragging your feet.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 3:58 AM - <rrrr6789@gmail.com> wrote:

It's much simpler to just pay via PP and have them charge my credit card,
then there's never a balance in my PayPal account and if I haven't linked a
bank account to your PP account then they can't debit it either. A credit
card also has much better protection and you also have legal recourse if
things go wrong. These days, it isn't just PayPal that you have to worry
about, plenty of companies have been hacked and their client's data stolen.
The fewer companies that are linked and the fewer that have any of your
information including information about your other accounts, the safer you
are.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 12:05 PM cheater cheater <cheater00social@gmail.com
wrote:

Right, that's why you top it up with the amount you want to pay, and then
pay. You don't carry a balance - you top up, then pay immediately. Unless
you're some sort of criminal with an international warrant on your head,
money will not disappear from your account within one day. There's a
certain amount of paranoia that's healthy with online services, but there
are limits to reasonable application of that as well.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 1:53 AM - <rrrr6789@gmail.com> wrote:

George, It's already taken care of.

Cheater, FWIW I don't know anyone that carries a balance in their PP
account. Not only does PP not pay interest, but PP has been known to
yank
money back out of their customer's accounts without warning so everyone
that I know takes their money out of PP as soon as possible. Yes. I
know
that PP can also yank money out of their customer's bank accounts as
well.
Most people keep only a minimum amount in their linked accounts for
that
reason and keep their main bank account in a different bank entirely.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 9:11 AM George Onufer <amatec@att.net> wrote:

Mr. RigdonI am so sorry to hear of the tribulations you have endured
in
trying to buy these books.Dennis took on this task (beyond the
resposibility he already had as moderator) out of his respect and
sense
of
duty to the group. He established ground rules to make it manageable
for
himself. If, for whatever reason, these don't work for you, then by
all
means he should make a special exception in your case.GeorgeSent from
my
T-Mobile 4G LTE Device