Re: Need a 376-0144-00

Ed Breya

If you can print fiber reinforced plastics, I'd recommend that. Those couplings need to be pretty strong. Also, the dielectric strength rating is for through the insulating material - that's usually the easy part. What matters is what can go around the insulator, so the dimensions and clearances have to be big enough, and the surfaces as smooth as possible. If the surface is rough, it can break down at lower voltage, especially after a long time collecting dirt and moisture. This shouldn't be too critical for only 1600V, well below corona voltage, so many plastic types should be just fine in this respect. I think it's safe to assume the original part design handled it with plenty of margin, voltage-wise, and the mechanical size is mostly for strength.

Ed