Re: Peter Keller book payments PayPal won't release

stevenhorii

I have used PayPal for purchasing something from an eBay seller using his
PayPal account (automatic, but when I see the statement from PayPal, it is
his e-mail that gets used). As for any purchase from eBay, PayPal deducted
the fee from the payment. More than once, I purchased something from the
same person using the same e-mail address, but it was a direct purchase and
not through eBay. It was also not an item listed on eBay; he sent me an
e-mail saying he had it and asked if I wanted it. I did, so I purchased it
and paid using PayPal F&F. They sent the full amount. I actually did this
again a couple of months later and again, it went using F&F with no fee
deducted. So, I purchased from the same person using the same PayPal
account on both my end and his both times. I think they would certainly not
have let it go through as an F&F if it had been for an eBay sale. I also
have reimbursed my brother when he had some expenses from taking care of
our mother - but that really is an F&F transaction and his e-mail address
has his name in it. No problems there, either. But the recent experience
with replacing F&F or adding an extra step to it with "I do not accept/need
insurance for this transaction" and the "do you trust this recipient?" is
new (at least to me).

Steve H.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 3:10 PM Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> wrote:

It's not Dennis' fault. Plenty of people have paid with F&F with no
issues. PayPal will stop your ability to pay F&F if 1) you've abused it
and/or 2) you've had bounced transactions (bought something and the bank
said NSF or had some other reason to decline it.

If you accept F&F and then use PP to send something to that person, PP
will change it from F&F to product purchased and take the fee.

Vince - K8ZW.

On 12/02/2020 03:03 PM, Eric wrote:
If there is an underlying issue with Dennis's pay pal reputation as this
seems to be an ongoing issue and it is just a few button clicks to make
badly written software happy If there is enough transactions to build the
reputation this would no longer be in issue in the future. I would be more
then happy to buy a string of $0.50 or $1.00 random Tek vaper ware from
Dennis and just say I received the parts I am guessing about 50 ish
transactions should make the pay pal software happy that Dennis is not a
scammer and we would be able to proceed as normal.

Thoughts on this?

Eric