Re: Gauging interest in a run of reproduction knob tips

Dave Wise

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get good reproductions. The tact-switch caps are better than bare levers, but I only put them on because cracked falling-off bats MAKE ME CRAZY.

Dave Wise
From: David Wise
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 10:36 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Gauging interest in a run of reproduction knob tips

The Tek lever knob tips are P/N 366-0215-xx. They're widely used, e.g. Type 453 and 547 scopes and 1A1, 1A2, 1A4, and 1A5 plugins.

For what it's worth, I replace broken ones with the cylindrical tact-switch cap made by E-Switch, part number 1RDGR, $0.18 each at Mouser.
Description is "Switch Bezels / Switch Caps RND DARK GRAY CAP". It doesn't have the feel of the original but it works and it stays in place.

Dave Wise