Re: Resistor in series

-

On a few occasions I've had to trim carbon comp resistors by carefully
filing partially through the body with a fine file or a fine saw. In one
case I know that the packaging machine that I installed one of the trimmed
resistors in was still running fine over two years later.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 8:12 AM SCMenasian <scm@menasians.com> wrote:

In my earlier days (pre 1970), I used to "trim" carbon composition
resistors by carefully overheating them with a soldering iron to raise
their values slightly. This may have also improved their stability by
getting the early ageing out of the way (although I never verified this).