Tektronix scope issues

Thomas Dodge

Hi,
This is Tom Dodge, and I am posting this topic again because I didn't post it right before. I have three Tektronix scopes. I have a Tektronix 533 that doesn't work. When I turn it on, it does not have a trace at all, and just a beam. I also have a Tektronix 7704 which I just powered on. I got it from a friend, and when it is on, it just shows a beam that is very bright, so I turn it off so it doesn't burn the CRT. The switches for the Time Base and the Volts per Division have no effect. I also have a Tektronix 684A which shows the most promise. I bought it from a surplus place, and is in very good condition. When I took it home and powered it on, it didn't come on at first, but after a few more tries, it did power on and went through the Self Test process, and it seemed to be ok. When I turned it off and on again, it worked ok. When I powered it on the other day, panel lights came on, but the CRT did not. I even tried to connect an external monitor using the VGA output ii the back, and I didn't get any signal. I remember reading somewhere about this issue, and the solution was to replace a chip on the board, but I can't verify that. I did look at the manual to see what it said if the self test doesn't work, but I didn't see anything. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Thanks.

Thomas Dodge