Re: Noisy/drifty S-6 head

Siggi

Hey Roger,

I tried cleaning the edge connector, but that didn't seem to help. So took
the head apart and gave the two pots as well as the board-to-board
connectors some D5 and I gave the pots each a wiggle. The "wobble" is now
gone and I have a rock-steady trace.
However, I clearly need to calibrate the head - not that it didn't already
need calibration. I guess I'll need to hunt for an extender (
http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/S-series_sampling_head_extenders) - people on
ePray sure are proud of their extenders...

In any case, thanks,
Siggi

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 7:14 AM Roger Evans via groups.io <very_fuzzy_logic=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Siggi,

There are two preset pots in the S6 head for gate balance (R30) and 'gain'
(R45), either could be noisy, but a more obvious suspect is the edge
connector from the S6 to the 7S12 since the DC / low frequency feedback
path has to travel through the edge connector.