Re: (OT) Where to go for 70s IBM hardware? I'm looking for a terminal.

Don Bitters

Have you tried the VCF organization (Vintage Computer Fair)? They have branches in the US - NE, SE, SW, West, and Midwest, also Europe. I have been to the Midwest one and prices were pretty reasonable - not $1200, more like $50 -$250 - for working items. I would contact them for your closest org., and ask the moderator whom among their membership might have what you are seeking. I saw a working PDP11, many Commodores, TRS-80’s, IBM’s, Altair’s, IMSAI’s, MAC’s, etc. Plus you will have access to people that can readily fix all of the above, and have all of the required accessories needed to make them work.
Don Bitters