Re: 2710 Spectrum Analyser 'Cannot count VCO, IF' error

Martin Whybrow

Thanks everyone; thankfully mine is a later production version, post B020319, so hopefully not the unrelaible version.
I've checked the 100MHz reference and have healthy outputs on all 3 reference outputs (no tracking generator option installed), roughly -8dBm on J110, -10dBm on J130, and -12dBm on J140 (all approximate as I'm pushing the bandwidth of my cheap scope probe at 100MHz).
One thing I have discovered is that what I thought was an input to the board on J110, the Beat Signal input, was in fact common mode noise from my LED lighting! There appears to be no signal at all coming from the 1st LO buffer, so that's what I'm now looking at.