Re: Open filament on CRT

Frank DuVal

And, if the CRT has pins that are over the wires coming out of the glass, resolder the pins. I've fixed several smaller tubes that way over the years.

Frank

On 11/19/2020 11:40 PM, Ed Breya via groups.io wrote:
I agree - nothing to lose. BUT, be sure that's the problem first. If you're assuming the heater is open because the CRT doesn't light up, or measuring the heater through the wiring and socket, you don't really know for sure. Before such a drastic action, measure the heater right at the CRT base pins to be sure. Then there's nothing to lose.

Ed