Re: Tektronix 7D13 and 7A42 wanted

Stephen Bell

Dennis,

I fully agree with your comments that the battery leakage problem should have been anticipated by the design engineers.

Not only should they have put warning labels on the equipment they should have also provided an easy way to check the battery voltage. I check the batteries in my equipment on an annual basis but this usually involves considerable effort removing covers to get access. It would be so much easier if the design engineers had the forethought to provide easily accessible battery test points on the rear panel, or better still, provided a function whereby the battery status could be indicated from the front panel.

While you are complaining to Tek about their poor design decisions perhaps you could also complain to HP. In my opinion they were far worse with the widespread use of leaky NiCd batteries in their equipment.

Stephen Bell