Re: EZ Test for 4041

Monty McGraw

Gary,

I got your three tapes, removed the belts and plastic parts and put them in
my dehydrator at 135F.
Thursday I will remove them from the dehydrator and begin testing them this
weekend.

One thing I noticed, two of the tape reels showed the tapes were dropped
and the edge of the reels were up to the top of the case :(

I pushed gently on the high edge to roughly center the tapes on the reels
before putting them in the dehydrator.

I did not dehydrate those tapes before sending them to you - I'm hoping
everything will be fine after they bake for two days.

I plan to install new belts on all three tapes.

Monty

Monty

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 12:33 PM Gary Robert Bosworth <grbosworth@gmail.com>
wrote:

Monty: I have 3 tapes that have gone bad. I don't understand why they
went bad. My tape drive seems to be running smooth. I will be happy to
send the failed tapes to you to see what you can do with them. Please send
me your snail mail address so I can get these in the mail as soon as
possible. Thanx.

Gary Bosworth
grbosworth@gmail.com

On Sun, Nov 8, 2020 at 2:54 PM Monty McGraw <mmcgraw74@gmail.com> wrote:

Gary,

I would like to try recovering the files on your EZ-Test tape if you
still
have it.

Monty

--