Re: Replacing cable on P6075A probe

Daveolla

Ya, I have a handy jar with about 5 or 6 of those paint openers, 2 styles. They work real good. They could make screwdrivers obsolete! Now if they had a gizmo to put the lid back on the paint can it might obsolete hammers.. Once the lid pounding dents the side of the can, the lid never goes back on well, too much springiness or bounce in the lid rim.

Dave

At 10:53 AM 11/17/2020, you wrote:
Or use one of those handy metal thingies from Home Depot to open paint cans if you're here in the States. Doubles as a bottle opener so you can have a cold one while you paint! Don't blame me if your paint job doesn't come out so great, though. ;)

Jim Ford

------ Original Message ------
From: "Daveolla" <grobbins@netflash.net>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: 11/17/2020 9:44:13 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Replacing cable on P6075A probe

Greeting, Also, take note of what the manual says about shortening the cable and Connector Replacement" page 2 ( 6 of 11) of the P6075A version from the links given earlier in this thread;

http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/P6075

It is also repeated (or vise versa) in the plain P6075 manual on page 5 at the same link.
It states;

"Substitution of non-standard parts is not advisable if the original performance is to be restored. Even shortening the cable by more than a few percent will have a noticeable effect on the transient response of the probe. The resistive center conductor has been specifically selected for critical dampening of reflections that would otherwise exist."

And then is the "Conector Replacement" next with step 1 as "Remove the snap- fit cover on the compensation box." They dont tell you how to do that though. Perhaps the plastic has stiffened somewhat suggesting you need a good pry from a screwdriver. Perhaps a blade edge of knife gently if a finger nail wont budge it. It can also be stuck and needs to be cracked loose. If you nick or dint then you gotta fix that somehow........or I do. Leave no marks is the goal.

Im sure we have all seen somones attempt at opening stuff up, TVs, phones, etc that looked like a jackhammer attacked it everywhere. Use a screwdriver for what it was intended, prying open paint cans!!!

On a side note, what is the difference in the plain P6075 and the A version? I see the specs for the plain versions input impedance is 10meg within 0.4% and 0.5% for the A.

Dave