Re: Special Offer from Peter Keller to TekScopes Members: The Cathode Ray Tube, Technology, History, and Applications"

stevenhorii

In the days of color CRTs for television, I knew a guy who worked in a
broadcast studio. Though Trinitron displays (Tektronix made a display
monitor that used a Trinitron CRT) were used in the control room of the
studio, he said that they also had a conventional triangular dot shadow
mask monitor as that was what most home TVs used and they wanted to be sure
that the broadcast image looked as good on the triangle shadow mask monitor
as it did on the Trinitron ones. Whether or not this is true, I don't know.

Steve H.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 3:38 PM Dennis Tillman W7pF <dennis@ridesoft.com>
wrote:

Hi Barry,
As with so many things there is an excellent explanation on Wikipedia of
shadow mask and Trinitron tubes and how they work. It is at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathode-ray_tube.
Scroll down to the section I am referring to. No magic is involved, just a
shadow mask.
Dennis Tillman W7pF