Re: Special Offer from Peter Keller to TekScopes Members: The Cathode Ray Tube, Technology, History, and Applications"

Geoffrey Thomas

Trinitron page here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinitron

Geoff.

On 16/11/2020 18:39, Stephen Hanselman wrote:
I don’t have hard knowledge of that but the big deal about Trinitron wasn't the mask. It was the fact that there was only one electron gun and some pretty intricate electronic stuff done to emulate the three-gun standard color tubes. The benefit was overcoming the very difficult task of keeping the three gun cluster aligned in manufacture.
I can also say from experience if you don't feel real confident and have detailed instructions and test equipment don't try to align a Trinitron. The 9845 color head was one of the best it had a very nice calibration program built in
Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of snapdiode via groups.io
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 9:59 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Special Offer from Peter Keller to TekScopes Members: The Cathode Ray Tube, Technology, History, and Applications"
I'm a bit confused about the Trinitron having "dots", the Trinitron relies on stripes and the mask is an aperture grille.

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.